Rubber Bands 500 ME - Mastering Edition!
RB500ME is a stereo passive equalizer packed into a double 500-series module. This beast is equipped with transformer balanced inputs (Carnhill) and outputs (Edcor) as well as a class-A driver circuit. Of course the entire filtering section is passive and it mirrors analogue equalizers from the 60s. There is separate frequency selector for low cut and boost sections. Top quality potentiometers and ELMA switches were used to achieve outstanding performance.
The first ever Stereo Pulteq-style EQ in 500 format.
The Rubber Bands is a wonderful tool that can add multiple levels of color to any track or mix. The best thing about, it is that you can set it up in various ways, all sounding clearly distinctive and great at the same. This is the device that gives the studio engineer an opportunity to add their own personality to the music.
- Bypass/In - relay bypass
- Low Boost frequencies: 20, 30, 60, 100, 180, 240 Hz
- Low Atten frequencies: 20, 30, 60, 100, 180, 240 Hz
- Bandwidth: Sharp - Wide
- High Boost frequencies: 5, 6, 8, 10, 12, 16 kHz
- High Cut frequencies: 6, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24 kHz
- API 500 standard module
- Stereo passive equalizer
- XLR, transformer balanced inputs/outputs
- Nominal Level +4 dBu
- Smooth control: Bass Boost; Bass Cut; High Boost Q; High Boost; High Cut
- Step control for all bands (ELMA Switches)
- True Bypass switch
- 24 frequencies
- EQ Boost/Cut Range: 15 dB
- Bandwidth range: 1.5 to 3
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz (+0.1/-0.1 dB)
- Maximum Input Level >18 dBu
- Maximum Output >24 dBu
- THD 0.003 % (@ 20 Hz - 20 kHz)
- THD+N 0.0079 % (@ 20 Hz - 20 kHz)
- IMD (SMPTE) 0.049% (@ 20 Hz - 20 kHz)
- Signal to Noise Ratio: 82 dBA (@ 20 Hz - 20 kHz)
- Dynamic Range: 102 dBA (@ 1kHz, +18 dBu)
- Crosstalk: 79 dB
- Input Impedance 10 kOhm
- Output Impedance 600 Ohm
- Input transformer: Carnhill UK
- Output transformer: Edcor USA
- Current consumption: 140mA
- Size: 500 Series
- Shipping Weight: 2 kg.