AEA R88A Stereo Ribbon Microphone
If you need this very urgent, please contact us and we keep you informed about the delivery date.
The new stereo R88A active ribbon microphone with custom toroid transformers captures sound as your ears hear it with an honest, open tonality. The R88A effortlessly records the sonic intricacies of drums, strings, piano, and other instruments that produce complex transients. The extra 12dB of transformer gain is advantageous when recording quiet sources like vocals or soft acoustic guitars. The active impedance buffers help prevent noise interference on long cable runs or when operating near large lighting rigs. The R88A requires standard 48V phantom power to operate.
- Same award-winning stereo perspective as the passive R88mk2
- Phantom powered (48V) version of AEA's classic R88mk2 with 12dB more transformer gain
- Compatible with any preamp and input impedance
- Fast, accurate transient reproduction
- Stereo ribbon microphone that offers a natural sound
- Captures amazingly precise stereo imagery with a single mic
- Larger-than-normal ribbon elements handle high SPLs with ease
- Figure-8, Blumlein Configuration (90 degrees) polar pattern
- 141dB Max SPL