Amtec Band Compressor
If you need this very urgent, please contact us and we keep you informed about the delivery date.
A 500er Band Compressor
The Band Compressor was designed for fixing and enhancing by compressing and trimming a specific range of an instrumental or vocal track. It makes the track tonally more consistent and controls abberations in crucial frequency ranges.
The Band Compressor is a sort of dynamic EQ that works only on a selected frequency band.
The bands are:
LOW - shelving response below about 120Hz. Perfects for bass, drum subgroup, vocals (it controls pops and proximity effect) and overall mix.
L.MID - peaking 250-300Hz, the "hard", muddy low mids that usually are very demanding to be controlled
LOWS&HIGHS - both lows and highs, the "contour" curve. To be used as an automatic "loudness" control
H.MID - about 3kHz peaking, the presence band. If excessive boost is applied it gives unwanted strident and harsh quality causing listening fatigue, compressing the band avoids the effect
HI - shelving response from 5kHz up for brightness control. Good on everything, especially on vocals (it lets to combine HF boost with a de-esser in one process), guitars and drums overheads, as it allows to brighten the drums without cymbals all over the place.
AIR - shelving response from 10kHz upward with a steeper slope. Designed for overall mix processing.
Only the selected band is controlled (cut, boosted or compressed), the rest of the frequency spectrum is unchanged and remains intact.
The direct path can be muted with the DRY CUT switch. It lets to listen the signal that is being processed and can be used for parallel processing as well.
The band filters are passive apart from the L.MID filter and the filtered signal is compressed by a high quality FET compressor with ratio and attack/release times carefully selected for each band.
If the compression knob is on 0 then no compression is taking place, the unit is working as a one band EQ with the range from -10dB to +12dB.
In contrast to multiband compressors, the BC is very easy and intuitive to use and its minimal signal path topology yields less audio degradation.
The Band Compressor is an unique dynamic equalizer that eorks only in one selected band. it allows to boost or attenuate signal in the band and, additionally, to automatically limit the amount of gain in that band.
The BC-5A uses parallel processing, where filtered, limited and phase manipulated input signal is added to the direct unaltered path, resulting in minimal signal degradation.
- DRY CUT botton with corresponding red LED: mutes the direct path leaving only the processed signal
- ACTIVE button with corresponding green LED Hardwired bypass operated by a relay.
- Continuosly variable EQ TRIM control works as a equalization gain knob with the range of -20dB to +12dB. The zero point is off-center for increased precision when boosting. The control sets the basic non-limited low-level frequency response.
- Continuosly variable COMPRESSION control sets the gain reduction in the selected band. The range is from the gain set by the EQ TRIM knob to -20dB. The control sets how much the signal in the selected band is reduced when it's too loud.
- 6-position BAND SELECT switch selects the band of operation for the unit. The bands are: LO-shelving low frequency response (internally selectable for 70Hz, 120Hz or 180Hz) // L.MID-peaking low-mid frequency response centered at 240Hz // L+H-wide-band signal with accentuated low and high frequencies // H.MID-peaking high-mid frequency response centered at 3,4kHz // HU-shelving high frequency response // S.HI-shelving high frequency response with a higher frequency point and a steeper slope than the HI band
|Lieferzeit||usually 2-3 days, in urgent cases please give us a call that we can check est. delivery times for you|