Daking Mic Pre II
The Mic Pre II combines two of Daking’s celebrated stand-alone Mic Pre One units in a single rack space form factor for a surprisingly affordable price. Like the Mic Pre One, the Mic Pre EQ, and the Mic Pre IV, the Daking Mic Pre II circuitry is based on a classic console design of the ’80s with some upgrades: Variable High Pass Filters on each channel, Jensen input transformers, class “A” amplification, extremely high headroom (+24) and a single-sided 48V power supply.
The Mic Pre II’s high pass filter is continuously variable from 10-200Hz, and drops at 12dB per octave. It seems to have a magical ability to clean up the muck while making what remains sound even better. It is extremely helpful to DAW users who inadvertently record subsonics that muddy up tracks and mixes.
- 70dB of gain
- +24dB of headroom
- Jensen input transformers
- Class A amplification
- Variable high-pass filter
- Switchable polarity
- 20 segment combo VU and “peak hold” LED meter
- 20dB pad with constant reflected impedance
- Switchable phantom power
- Direct 1/4″ instrument inputs on the front panel
- Electronically balanced XLR and 1/4″ outputs.