Doepfer Dark Energy 2 Synthesizer
If you need this very urgent, please contact us and we keep you informed about the delivery date
The Dark Energy (I) had to be discontinued because an important electronic part (CEM3394) is no longer available. That's why we decided to do a redesign of the Dark Energy. The new Dark Energy II will look like the Dark Energy I at first sight. Only the function of some controls and switches differ from the Dark Energy I. But the basic sound of Dark Energy II is different from version I because of the new circuits for VCO, VCF and VCA. These are the most important differences between Dark Energy I and II:
- 12dB multimode filter with lowpass, notch, highpass and bandpass (instead of 24dB lowpass of Dark Energy I)
- the previous LM control of the filter becomes the filter type control Mode (continuous crossfade lowpass - notch - highpass - bandpass)
- the modulation level control of the filter "XFM" has so-called "polarizer" function. The modulation source (LFO2 or ADSR) selected by the Source switch may affect the filter frequency in a positive (right half of the control range) or negative way (left half of the control range)
- the waveform switch is used to select between saw and clipped, inverted saw (in the center position the saw is off)
- the basic waveform of the VCO is saw (not triangle like the Dark Energy I).
- because of the pure analog circuit and the temperature control it may takes up to 20-30 minutes until the VCO is in tune.
- the VCA has a exponential scale (not the combined linear/exponential scale of Dark Energy I)
|Lieferzeit||Im Normalfall 2-3 Tage, bei dringendem Lieferungswunsch bitte kurz vorher anrufen|