Golden Age Premier PREQ-73 PREMIER
If you need this very urgent, please contact us and we keep you informed about the delivery date
The PREQ-73 PREMIER is a one-channel vintage style microphone-, line- and instrument preamplifier with a three-band band equalizer with inductor based midrange offering a smooth and effective sound shaping.
- Vintage Style electronics. No integrated circuits in the signal path.
- Maximum gain in mic mode is 80 dB, enough to handle passive ribbon mics with quiet sound sources.
- Classic 23-position Gain/Line switch with 5 dB steps and a gain range of 20 to 80 dB for mic and -10 to +20 dB for line.
- A two band LF (+/-15 dB) and HF (+/-20 dB) shelving equalizer with two selectable frequencies for each band.
- Inductor based +/- 15 dB midrange equalizer section with three selectable frequencies. The lowest one is selectable between 350 and 700 Hz.
- Switchable impedance in mic mode, 1200 or 300 Ohm, will change the tone of most mics. The input impedance in line mode is 10 kOhm.
- Switchable phantom power and absolute phase.
- A high-impedance instrument input for any sound module, electric guitar or bass.
- A simple but effective 4-step LED output level meter.
- The output level control makes it possible to make fine gain adjustments and also to overload the main gain stage(s) for more character.
- Separate combo XLR/TRS jack for the MIC and LINE input and separate output XLR and TRS jacks for flexible connections.
- Selectable 600 Ohm output termination.
- Classic style knobs and buttons.
- Prepared for mounting one ot two units in the UNITE PREMIER rack kit. It can also be mounted in one of the other UNITE rack kits and combined with --the red and black Golden Age Project products.
- Connector free internal wiring, all connections except the ones to the gain switch --are soldered for the purest signal and most longterm stable signal path.
- UK made Carnhill microphone input and line output transformers.
- The pcb is prepared for the Carnhill 9046M line input transformer.
- Polystyrene capacitors in the amplifier circuits.
- Tantalum capacitors in the signal path.
- Beefed up power supply.
- Sturdy toggle switches with gold plated contacts.
- External power supply to avoid interaction with the audio circuits and transformers.
- A solid build quality that will last many years of normal use