If you need this very urgent, please contact us and we keep you informed about the delivery date
Sound Devices’ USBPre® 2 is a high-resolution, portable hardware interface for Mac- and Windows-based digital audio. The USBPre 2 is the industry's highest performance and most flexible portable interface, connecting professional microphones, line-level sources, consumer audio electronics, and S/PDIF digital sources with Mac OS and Windows computers via USB.
Precision Microphone Preamplifiers
USBPre 2 includes two discrete-transistor microphone preamps with 24-bit converters and sampling rates up to 192 kHz. These preamplifiers provide the highest performance in any portable interface. Their topology is shared with Sound Devices award-winning 744T Digital Audio Recorder. Peak limiters, high-pass filters, and a 15 dB pad add overload protection. All analog-to-digital and digital-to-analog conversion is performed by the USBPre 2 for superior audio performance.
USBPre 2 is a class-compliant audio device. This allows for simple plug-and-play connection to computers running Mac OS, Windows, and Linux (see note to the right on Class-Compliant Drivers). There are no drivers to install for the USBPre 2 and there are no software-only features. All additional controls and settings are available on back panel DIP switches. The USB port also provides power to the unit, both when connected as an audio interface and when used in Stand-Alone operation.
Output Connectivity Flexibility
To interconnect with sound systems big and small, the USBPre 2 includes numerous output connection types, including balanced mic- or line-level on XLR, unbalanced consumer line-level on RCA, S/PDIF coaxial (RCA) and optical (Toslink). The outputs have their own, dedicated front-panel level control. Use the balanced line-level signals to connect to powered loudspeakers. Use the optical S/PDIF to connect to hi-fi systems. Use the coaxial S/PDIF output in Stand-Alone mode for a portable microphone preamplifer with digital output for any production application.
Accurate signal level metering is essential for any sound engineer. The USBPre 2 includes a 23-segment, multicolor LED meter for precise level indication. The meter is switchable between input signal metering and output signal metering. The meter indicates both VU and peak (PPM) ballistics.
The USBPre 2 can be used in Stand-Alone mode where it operates as a high-quality, portable microphone preamplifier and analog-to-digital converter. Digital signals connected to the USBPre 2 are converted to analog and available at the headphone, XLR, and RCA outputs. Stand-Alone operation requires the unit to be connected to a USB power source. Stand-Alone mode is a great option when an additional microphone preamplifer, A-D converter, or D-A converter is required.
Like all of Sound Devices products, the USBPre 2 is designed to stand up to the most demanding environments. Its extruded aluminum chassis and aluminum panels, machined knobs, metal connectors, and laser-etched nomenclature are designed to hold up to years of abuse.
- Extended bandwidth, low-noise microphone preamplifiers with 48 V phantom, limiters, high-pass filters, and 15 dB pad.
- Dynamic range greater than 114 dB (in 24-bit operation).
- Flat 10 Hz to 40 kHz (@96 kHz SR) audio bandwidth with very low distortion characteristics.
- Each input individually selectable between microphone, line, and aux level signals (both channels selected simultaneously for S/PDIF connections).
- Precision, 23-segment, multicolor LED peak/VU meter, selectable between input and output sources.
- High-output headphone amplifier can drive a wide range of headphones.
- Balanced outputs on XLR connectors with dedicated level control can be used to drive line- or mic-level inputs.
- Mix control enables zero-delay monitoring of source audio, computer audio, or a mix of both source and computer audio for multitrack recording or computer telephony.
- Phono (RCA) jacks connect Aux Output to external loudspeakers or preamplifiers.
- Bus powering via USB for convenient, single-cable connection to the computer.
- In Stand-Alone mode the USBPre 2 operates as a microphone preamplifier and analog-to-digital converter.
- Hardware loop-through for test & measurement to send computer audio directly back to an input.
- High-strength extruded aluminum chassis.
- Mac® OS X 10.4+, Windows®XP/Vista/7, and Linux, class-compliant audio device.
- Additional features controlled by hardware DIP switches on the back panel; no software-only features and no control panel.
|Tech-Info||Frequency Response (reference 1 kHz, at 96 kHz Sample Rate) 10 Hz - 40 kHz, ± 0.5 dB (any input to PC recording) 10 Hz - 40 kHz, ± 0.5 dB (PC source to AUX output) THD+N (22 Hz - 22 kHz measurement bandwidth) 0.05% max (any input to PC recording, gain control at min, input driven to -6 dB FS) 0.009% max (AUX output, 0 dB V output, 100 ohm load) 0.05% max (HEADPHONES output, 2 V rms output, 600 ohm load) E.I.N. (MIC inputs) -127 dBu min (22 Hz - 22 kHz bandwidth, 150 ohm source, gain control fully clockwise, 15 dB pad out) Input Clipping Level (1% THD) Mic: -10 dBu Mic (15 dB pad): +4 dBu Line: +28 dBu (19.45 V rms) Aux: +9 dBu (2.18 V rms) Input Sensitivity (typical, for 0 dB FS) Mic: -9 dBu min, -60 dBu max Mic (15 dB pad): +6 dBu min, -58 dBu max Line: +29 dBu min, +10 dBu max Aux: +12 dBu min, -7 dBu max. Input Impedance (actual) Mic: 4k ohm, active-balanced Mic (15 dB pad): 4k ohm, active-balanced Line: 60k ohm, active-balanced Aux: 80k ohm, active-balanced Input Limiter Threshold Mic: -4 dBFS Low Cut Mic: 80 Hz, -3 dB, 12 dB per octave Output Clipping Level (1% THD, PC-controlled output levels at max) Balanced XLR: +18 dBu with 100k ohm load Aux: +8 dBu (2.0 V rms) with 100k ohm load Headphones: +11 dBu (2.75 V rms) with 600 ohm load Output Impedance Balanced XLR (Line level): 500 ohms Balanced XLR (Mic level): 5 ohms Aux: 2k ohms S/PDIF Digital 24 or 16 bit input A/D Converter 24-bit resolution. 114 dB typical dynamic range (22 Hz - 22 kHz bandwidth, A-weighted) D/A Converter 24-bit resolution. 112 dB typical dynamic range (22 Hz - 22 kHz bandwidth, A-weighted) Sample Rates / Bit Depths Recording: 8, 16, or 24-bit at 8, 16, 32, 44.1, 48, 96, or 192 kHz Playback: 24-bit at 8, 16, 32, 44.1, 48, 96, or 192 kHz Master Clock Crystal based, low jitter Metering 48 segments, 44 dB total range, peak ballistics. 0 dB on meter = 0 dB FS (0 dB referenced to full scale digital) Phantom Power 48 V through 6.8k ohm resistors. Each mic input will supply 10 mA Powering USB bus powered, soft-start meets USB hot-plugging power requirements (5 V, 100 mA max current drawn during enumeration) 5 V, 500 mA max current from USB port (USBPre 2 will not function if connected through a passive USB connection or hub) Dimensions (unpackaged) 4.3 cm x 18 cm x 10 cm (H x W x D) 1.7 in. x 7.25 in. x 4.25 in. (H x W x D) Weight 0.5 kg 1.13 lbs. Certifications Meets FCC Part 15 Class B Complies with the Requirements of European Directive 89/336/EEC|
|Lieferzeit||Im Normalfall 2-3 Tage, bei dringendem Lieferungswunsch bitte kurz vorher anrufen|